Looking, ABS braking, design, touring bike and Yamaha brand all combined, I decided to buy the FZS version 3. Because I heard and guessed that this bike is really good. For my job I have to roam to different places and this movement makes peace with FZS version 3. About 1.5 years ago, I bought the bike from TR Motors in Habiganj and have ridden 12,000 kilometers so far. On Motorcycle Valley website I shared 6,000km riding experience once. Today I will share with you what kind of experience or feeling I am getting after 12,000 kilometers.
At the beginning I will say that there are some shortcomings of this bike, if they can be improved this will become more amazing
- I have ridden this bike continuously for about 500 km in one day and I have felt that after riding it for long time the engine is getting little over heated, but there is no shortage at the engine performance. I think this bike would be much better if the engine was oil-cooled. With an oil-cooled engine,
I think this bike can cover a distance of more than 500 km without any hassle.
- The chain set needs to be changed. I noticed at 12,000 that the chain set was almost replaceable. I would not have complained if it was 20 thousand but this problem cannot be expected in 12 thousand.
- While riding on the highway, I noticed that the headlamp light of this bike is very low. You have to ride on the highway using extra fog lights. So it is requested to Yamaha, use a better quality headlamp with this bike.
Now let me tell you the good things what I got in this 12000 ride:
- The first thing that caught my eye was its seating position. The seating position of the rider and the pillion is quite comfortable and I do not feel any fatigue or back pain even after a long ride with my pillion. Meanwhile, in the single ride, I did not feel any fatigue even after riding about 500 km.
- Having FI Blue Core engine, the engine performance feel good and smooth. When I move the bike forward with acceleration, its speed rises very smoothly and no vibration is felt.
- I work in a tea garden and have to travel most of the time by dirt roads. In this case, I have received very good feedback from the ABS braking system. By using the ABS on rain-soaked dirt roads I can safely slow down. I am satisfied with the performance of ABS braking.
- I would definitely say the design is good and I took it because the design is beautiful. The headlamps, side panels, meter panels of the front aggression design all are very beautiful and I can feel the muscular design of this bike while sitting in the riding position.
I feel the power of the engine perfectly when I got the top speed of 114 km per hour. Many have got more than that, but I like to ride safely so I didn't dare to speed up anymore. All in all, I would say that this bike is one of the best bikes of Yamaha. Not every bike gets 100 out of 100 and there are some shortcomings. Premium bikes also have some weaknesses, so considering all the factors, if you buy this bike spending the money you have to, you won’t be disappointed, and yes, another thing to say is that if the price of this bike was a little lower, I think the demand will increase. Though it is a demandable bike already.