Ever since the Yamaha FZS version 3 first came to Bangladeshi market, a different kind of craze started in me towards the bike. Because the design of the bike, ABS braking, Yamaha brand all seemed like a compact bike to me. Judging by all the aspects, I bought this bike 6 months ago and in these 6 months I have ridden 6000 km. As a service holder, I don't have much opportunity and time to go somewhere far away with my bike, but I try to give short long tour with the bike whenever I get a holiday. When I first gave a review on 1500 km for Motorcycle Valley, the overall things were not in my notice, but now after riding 6000 km, many things have come in front of me. I am highlighting them below.
Good aspects I found:
- I have to talk about braking because I got very good feedback from the ABS braking system of this bike. ABS braking works much better in all situations and braking gives me confidence.
- Speaking of control, I would definitely say the control of this bike is good. Combined with thick tires, mono-shock suspension provides good support in terms of control.
- The fuel cost seemed low enough to me. Having an FI system engine this bike doesn't drop the mileage at all which I like very much. I am still getting the same mileage as I got in the beginning.
- The design is very beautiful and there is a lot of muscular feeling while sitting in the seating position of this bike. The meter console is very informative.
Those things I felt trouble
- Clutch adjustment is not correct for my bike. I went to the service center and fixed it, but it doesn't last long. The adjustment again detached. This makes the gear shifting much stiffer and makes noise during gear shifting. I noticed it on my bike and I don't know what the condition of others is.
- The rear tire mudguard is not in the correct position, which causes drenched clothes with mud of pillions on rainy days.
I have ridden this bike for 420 km in one day and have reached a top speed of 100 km per hour. I have received very good support from this bikes on such long rides. And in the city I now get mileage of 40 km per liter and 42 km per liter on the highways. I am satisfied using the bike considering all the issues I judged.
MD Rajiv's 1500km Ride Review Link - https://www.motorcyclevalley.com/review-bn/yamaha-fzs-fi-v3-6000km-riding-experiences-by-rajib/