Bike mileage becomes a very important factor while buying a bike, because nowadays the price of fuel has increased more than before, if the maintenance of the bike is done properly and if the bike is ridden properly, the bike gets good mileage, but due to several reasons we get less mileage from the bike. If we get it, many times it happens because of the bike maintenance is not done in a right way and also due to some mistakes in bike riding, the mileage is low, today we will discuss about the way to understand that the bike is consuming more fuel.
How to understand the low mileage of your bike: fill up the tank of your bike and take fuel, then after riding the bike for several kilometers, load the fuel again and now calculate the amount of fuel taken and how many kilometers the bike has ridden, then divide it and calculate the mileage of the bike. You will get mileage, if the mileage of the bike is much less than what is claimed by the company then you are getting less mileage from the bike.
Why does we get low mileage?
• First of all, if you get much less mileage than the mileage mentioned by the bike manufacturer, you should understand that your bike is consuming more oil.
• But it is normal to give less mileage in case of new bike, because the engine of new bike is not free, the bike gives less mileage during the break in period due to the time it takes for the engine to be free.
• But if the mileage of the bike is low even after the break in period of the bike is over then contact the service center.
• Also check the spark plug of the bike, if its color is black, it means that your bike is consuming too much oil, and there will be some oil in the plug.
• If the wheel of the bike does not turn freely then you can get less mileage, for this you must check whether the wheel is free or not.
• If the air filter is too dirty, the air of the bike does not reach properly and you can get less mileage from the bike as the air fuel mixture is not right.
• In addition, engine oil is also an important factor in this case, because if engine oil is used more than the drain period, the mileage and performance of the bike decreases.
• Due to several mistakes in bike riding, the mileage of the bike decreases, such as many people always ride the bike at High RPM and always ride the bike with full accelerator, in this case, even if your bike is completely fine, you can get less mileage.
• To get good mileage from the bike, ride the bike according to Economy, that is, keep the RPM of the bike in more than 3-5 thousand and do not accelerate the bike fully, in this way, if you ride the bike according to the rules, you will get good mileage from the bike.
• Also, if the tire pressure of the bike is not correct, you can get less mileage from the bike, for this use the recommended tire pressure of the bike.
• If the air fuel ratio of your bike is not correct, you will not get good mileage from the bike and if the twining of the carburetor of the bike is not correct, various problems may arise including low mileage from the bike.
• Try to take fuel from a well-known and trusted fuel pump, many times the pump gives less fuel, and the bike can give less mileage due to adulteration in the fuel.
• In addition, if the bike is very old, you will get less mileage than the new condition and if there is any problem in the engine or if it is time to change any parts of the engine, then if it is not changed in time, the mileage of the bike may decrease.
This was the reason for low bike mileage and its solution, hope it will be useful for you, stay with us for any bike and bike related information, thanks.